Are you someone who longs to make a difference in the world? Are you good at communication skills? Do you enjoy working with people? Are you analytical and patient? Are you born with the skill of managing people and getting them to do what you want? Are you ready for challenges in life? If your answer to most of these questions is yes, you might just make a very good CEO, or if you are daring enough, a successful entrepreneur.
[expand title=”What is Business Management?” tag=”h3″ rel=”animal-highlander”]
Studying for a business and management studies degree allows you to develop a broad understanding of business organisations and provides you with subject-specific knowledge in areas such as markets, customers, finance, operations, communication, information technology, Business Law, business policy and strategy. Business issues are often addressed at a European and international level. You will be perfect in management techniques when you graduate.
You will gain a number of transferable skills on your course including:
- an understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- analytical and critical thinking;
- a creative approach to problem solving;
- persuasive written and oral communication;
- numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources;
- appreciation of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes.
Some graduates choose to undertake further studies in subjects such as marketing, finance, human resources, computing/ICT and international business management in order to develop their expertise in a particular area of business.
Professional qualifications popular with business studies graduates are provided by organisations such as the:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Cloud Computing and cyber security (Microsoft Academy)
- Aviation, Logistics & Supply chain management
You can get these qualifications in above organisations while you are studying for your degree in India.
The Business Management Degree in India is a well-rounded education qualification for future Business leaders. The well designed and frequently updating curriculum encourages the students to realize their maximum potential that helps them to succeed in their walks of life.
[expand title=”Career Opportunities” tag=”h3″ rel=”animal-highlander”]
“A Good Manager finds satisfaction in helping others be productive, not being the most productive person in the room”
A business and management studies degree prepares you for a career in business, which may stretch across any sector or industry. Your career options are therefore varied. Industries as diverse as chemicals, utilities, fashion, health, grocery, Aviation, Service, Logistics, hospitality, construction etc… all require functional managers with a clear understanding of systems, efficiency and operational issues.
Once you are Graduated, you can consider employment in ,……
- Business Houses
- Educational Institutes
- Export Companies
- Financial Organizations
- Industrial Houses
- Marketing Organizations
- Multinational Companies
- Public Sector Enterprises
- Call Centres
Try to decide on the area you want to work in and aim to get relevant work experience. You can gain work experience at university through extracurricular activities such as club membership or taking a role on a society that will develop your team-building, business or finance skills. You could also try to get a part-time job in an area related to your chosen career. Something that provides commercial skills or gives you knowledge in business functions and how organisations operate.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Operational researcher
- Product manager
- Risk manager
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Human resources officer
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Marketing executive
- Retail manager
- Sales executive
- Systems analyst
[expand title=”Post Graduate Opportunities” tag=”h3″ rel=”animal-highlander”]
Postgraduate Opportunities in Sri Lanka or Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA etc,.. with the intention of processing for PR in those countries:
The most sought after Post Graduation for BBM Graduates is the MBA
But depending on your future ambitions and newly found interests you can chose a variety of pathways, that interests you, keeping in mind your strengths and career goals.
The MBA course is offered under various specialization areas such as,
- M.B.A. (Aviation Management)
- M.B.A. (Banking and Investment)
- M.B.A. (Business Analytics)
- M.B.A. (Business Economics)
- M.B.A. (Business Forecasting)
- M.B.A. (Business Information System)
- M.B.A. (Business Law)
- M.B.A. (Business Sustainability)
- M.B.A. (Port & Shipping Management)
- M.B.A. (Small Business Management)
Other options of higher studies include
- M.Com (Business Administration)
- M.I.B (International Business)
- M. Phil (Business Administration)
- M.Sc. (Business Process Outsourcing)
- Master of Business Studies (M.B.S)
- Ph.D. (Business Administration)
- Ph.D. (Business Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA)
- Masters in Hotel & Hospitality Management
Also you may look for PG Diploma programs in :
- Aviation & Logistics Management
- Global Business Operation
- Business Analytics
- Business Finance/Management
- Transport Management
- Software Enterprise Management
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Business Finance & Investment Studies
Comparative Annual Expenditure of Studying Abroad
University Education in Indian Government Commonwealth Universities is the most cost effective and internationally recognized higher educational pathway for Sri Lankans if not selected to a Government University in Sri Lanka.
The burning question is ….. Are you ready? Similar initiatives are cropping up all over the globe. Our personal behaviors must change, and education is the way forward.
Educating the future generation increase achievement in applying innovative technology and master skills for life work and citizenship in the 21st Century.
We are involved in Educating Sri Lankan and Maldivian Advanced Level qualified students, in Indian Universities : This programme “STUDY OVERSEAS” is run by the esteem Sri Lankan institution AMASA INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, in Association with GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL YOUTH EDUCATION FOUNDATION’’ since 1991.
We do highly recommend you to study in an India Government University and increase the standard and quality of life as an internationally qualified university graduate and become a valuable asset to the country. There are many other benefits for you and the country in studying in India – visit the site www.studyoverseas.lk